Although I do much of my shopping online these days because of the better prices that are available, I still visit malls and department stores quite a bit. Some of these stores are more fun to shop at than others, so I wanted to take a few moments to list my five favorites here (along with some of the reasons that I like them so much):
1. Nordstrom — They have a massive shoe department, a live piano player, and all the hottest brands. What’s not to love?
2. Carson Pirie Scott — They have a good selection of brand-name products that are actually affordable, so I end up buying a lot of stuff from here (particularly shoes and watches).
3. Kohl’s — I don’t think I’ve ever been to Kohl’s when they weren’t having a sale! This is a great place to buy kids clothing since it’s so cheap, and their Sonoma clothing line is a lot nicer/longer-lasting than the similarly priced Faded Glory brand from Wal-Mart.
4. Harrods — Ok, so I’ve only been there once, but it was still an amazing experience. They had the biggest food court I’ve ever seen, and every floor was filled with incredible merchandise that I loved to look at. Plus, I just loved using their luxurious restrooms. What other department stores can boast of solid gold bathroom faucets?
5. Marshall Field’s/Macy’s — Things haven’t quite been the same since the name change, but I still like shopping here well enough. At least the Frango Mints have survived.